Monday, July 18, 2005

Revenge On The Flying Bugs

We have a problem. It seems that a moth mommy and daddy were flying around the world looking for a nice place to raise a few generations, and voila! they thought our kitchen was the perfect spot. I opened my cabinet door about two weeks ago and saw a few itty bitty moths flying around and hanging out on my cabinet doors. I quickly killed them - they are not fast moving moths. The next couple days there many moth spottings in my kitchen. Some were killed some were ignored, some survived the assassination attempts. On Wednesday I was in my kitchen and saw what appeared to be an inch worm. I gave it a curious look before I killed it and threw it away. Looking in the cabinet I saw 3 more. All were promptly killed and disposed of. Thursday I opened the cabinet {I feel like the very hungry caterpiller story} and saw a cacoon! Ok, not the giant fun caterpiller ones, small ugly yellow ones. I dumped out the entire cabinet, and found a huge nest of "inchworms", and many many caccoon...under cans, in open boxes, under plates...it was, to say the least, DISGUSTING! We threw away everything, i mean EVERYTHING that was open...they got into boxes of tea and made cacoons between the individual tea bags!!!! They are grosssssssss. We bleached the inside of the cabinets and killed all flying bugs that would land for us. We put back all the bug free packages and went to sleep happy in the knowledge that we saved the kitchen cabinets. They didn't leave. I think we must be up to 4 generations of little moths that have been born in our cabinets. Shabbat found us with bugs in the cabinets, and I saw a few "inchworms", but as it was Shabbat there could be no killings - which just frusterated me more. Sat. night I started going through the cabinets again, and found more inchworms, new and old caccoons and of course the regular moths...
I decided that's it.
Today I did something about it. I bought "Death To The Flying Insect Raid" I have now covered my kitchen in poison - hmmm
Moths are falling like flies - again....hmmm
I rebleached the cabinets, and I'm hoping that this is enough...
Worst case scenario, eh, I'm moving Sept 1st.

1 Comments:

Blogger Veev said...

This post was so gross, I am now going to take a shower!

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home