Thursday, June 30, 2005

Daily Funny Story

No, it's not a resolution to post every day. I'm going to let you all in on a little daily occurance. I generally have a "Funny story for the day". I call my sister-in-law or brother, or a friend and let them in on my funny story. depending on how funny the story ranks depends on how many people I tell the story to. It has happened that after I decided on the funny story stomething funnier will happen, which just replaces the last funny thing, and the calls start again. Today's funny story takes the cake. I decided to share it with the world.
I had a voice mail from a number I didn't recognize. The caller in a very Israeli accent said, "Hi Sarra, I am calling from the flower shop, please call me back 054..... It is Yaron."
Intrigued I called Yaron back.
שלום ירון זאת שרה התקשרת לי
איזה שרה
at this point I'm not going to give out any information about me...who is this guy?
מה זה איזה שרה, התקשרת לי יש לי הודעה ממך
מאיפו את
ירושלים
I figured that was pretty much noninformation
אה, יש פרחים
בשבילי
כן בשבילך
מי שלח אותם לי
יש לך חברת אורנג
נכון
ויש לך יומולדת
נכון
טוב בי
and he hung up.
he dind't confirm an address, or ask me to pick up the flowers, or even tell me what flower store he worked for... and what was up with Orange? Is he saying they sent the flowers? Why would they? I"m not their #1 customer, that much is for sure.... Meanwhile there were no flowers waiting for me when I got home today... pretty weird

8 Comments:

Blogger Just Shu said...

You should translate for your non hebrew speaking readers

4:41 AM  
Blogger Blagger said...

Yeah, I guess it's kind of weird. but it would be WEIRDER if the guy began spewing standup comedy lines.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Menachem said...

it would be WEIRDER still if the guy had a peg leg and talked like a pirate. like, "yarr... i got flowers fer ya, mate-ee. shiver me timbers..."

1:43 PM  
Blogger Rolling hills of green said...

oh the comments I could make, but I'm being haved!! you are welcome.

2:37 PM  
Blogger 2R said...

would those really be weirder? i think not. At least then I would know it was a friend of mine messing with me. I could probably even tell you which friends it would be. David or Raffi or Shimi. Yeah, those would def. be my guesses. As for RHOG...go ahead I challange you...make my day, just remember to be sensitive :0 love 'ya! I'll see you tomoorrow.

1:11 AM  
Blogger 2R said...

Oh and shu...you can figure this one out!!

1:11 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

That is something...Only in Israel!

9:25 PM  
Blogger 2R said...

I did have flowers delievered on Friday morning (after I had left for Shabbat, but a roommate brought them in) They are from the Orange Cell Phone Co.
How Bizarre

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home