Monday, July 18, 2005

Gush Katif...

Three in one day, one has to be politcal, eh. Sorry about the eh's, they keep falling in....
Tomorrow is the start of a three day solidarity/protest march. I'm catching a bus in Jerusalem around 2pm, and heading down south to Netivot. I'm bringing a sleeping bag and some food. We're going to start off towards Gush Katif. Somewhere, almost immediately after we leave Netivot, we're going to stop for the night and camp out under the stars. The next morning we're going to start marching over towards Kissufim, the blocked Gush Katif entrance. In the heat of the day, there are going to be tents set up and shiurim (classes) given, and we should make it to the tzomet (lit. intersection, but this is the crossing) late afternoon. About just in time for me to turn around and head back to Jerusalem for a wedding...
If they are going to break through the blockade, I won't be there to see it.
I will fill you in on all the info after...

6 Comments:

Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

muqata.blogspot.com

The police are blocking all the buses.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

They're blocking all the buses? Why?
-OC

3:31 PM  
Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

OC: To prevent the demonstrators from getting to Netivot. Over 35 buses are being blocked in Jerusalem alone (all loaded with people).

4:21 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

Hope they're air-conditioned

5:14 PM  
Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Well, they'll get there anyways. Maybe, it wouldn't have been good to proclaim that they'll bust through the Gush Katif barsacades. I also think this should have been done a few months ago also. I hope it's successful. This is a good thing. Why aren't you there, Jameel?
-OC

6:32 PM  
Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

OC: I would LOVE to be there, but my wife is due any day and she doesn't want me to get stuck there, nor does she want to give birth in Seroka.

Tonight, my kids and I will do some "ruchani" learning to be part of whats going on in Netivot. My kids are very depressed that we're not going, as we go to everything.

Good to hear your positive outlook on the march :-)

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home