Friday, July 29, 2005

Waste Water - Don't Drink!

While wondering around the zoo with my family we came across a sign that read "Waste Water - Don't Drink". My dad wanted to know what color bracelets the water wasters wore. Were they on the side of "Save Rice, Eat Potatoes" or "Save Potatoes, Eat Rice".
The question is does one need to choose sides on every issue, or are there some issues that it is ok to be apathetic to? Does apathy translate directly to consent? If you don't care about an issue, does that just mean that you agree with the leading train of thought? Does one who actually agrees with the movement have to state that they agree, otherwise they may be lost in the non-commital group?
Is it worth fighting a losing battle if your chances of making a difference are slim to none.
I am planning on joining the "shlav bet" (stage two) march this Tuesday down in Sderot. Why? Do I think that me being there will change the government's decision? Sharon is simply sitting in his office thinking he has suddenly found himself on the fence on the disengagement issue, and this tips him over to our side? No, I don't think that. I do know that I hate inaction. While this march may not change the future of world history, at least I can say I wasn't only against the decision, but I joined thousands others in stating as publically as possible the I disagree.

The sign "Waste Water - Don't Drink" was an informative sign by a sprinkler watering a garden that the water was unfit for drinking as it was waste water.

2 Comments:

Blogger Veev said...

Maybe it more like, "Save a horse, ride a cowboy." Hmmm...What color would that bracelet be?

4:07 AM  
Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Two Ares: I'm considering going with my mountain bike. Makes it much easier to out run the cops, and its alot easier to drive through the fields that way.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home