Thursday, May 25, 2006

Happy Yom Yerushalayim

As I sat at work watching the live feed video of the kotel from the link Veev sent me, the thought occured to me...What the hell!. Here I am, in Israel - in Yerushalayim no less, and I'm watching the kotel from the internet like anyone around the world... For about a minute and a half I was extrememly frusterated to be working in an official office company setting. (As opposed to an informal educational organization, which would totally accept that I wanted to spend some time this afternoon in the OC) That lasted until I thought about it, and realized...but after work I'm heading to the OC... (ok...who'm I kiddin' I still would rather be working in an educational organization...but I gotta find the siver linings wherever they may be)

Happy Yom Yerushalyaim to everyone everywhere...but espcially, those who are able to be in here today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

It'll happen.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

:)

6:16 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Some educational settings are not easygoing about workers leaving, even for good reason. Incidentally, if you want to read a good post on Yom Yerushalayim, and a good blog in general - I recommend Moreh-Derech. It's a great inside look into a teacher/new oleh life in Israel that it seems to me that you and your chevra will appreciate.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home