Monday, April 17, 2006

...and in other news...

I don't know which would bother me more. If the Knesset pushed off the swearing in ceremony out of respect to those murdered, mutilated, maimed, and hurt in the attack today, or if the Knesset did not change anything so not to let terrrorists dictate our lives. I think if we as a nation internalized each attack more, let it affect us fully, flew the flag at half mast, sounded the siren for a minute of mouning for each victim....We'd hate our enemy enough to destroy them. There's a country song that came out after 9-11 about US seeking revenge by Darryl Worley.

"They took all the footage off my T.V.
Said it's too disturbing for you and me
It'll just breed anger that's what the experts say
If it was up to me I'd show it everyday"

I think Darryl is onto something here. Those just sworn in should be present at each of the funerals, and speak to each of the survivors. Myself included. Yes, I am a survivor of this attack. No, I was not in the vicinity. I was not even in the same city. No, I don't think I knew anyone personally who was physically injured. Yes, I still claim to be a survivor. I will not be the same as I was before this attack. The same as I haven't been the same since the last attack, the one before that, and the first one I remember hearing about. I hope you are not the same either. If you are...perhaps you need to learn a little about each of the victims who were physically there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Excellent post! Totally agree with you. If only so would they...
-OC

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home