Friday, May 12, 2006

Behind The Masks

Masks, masks, masks... who is everyone when they are out in the light? My friend, and fellow blogger, chavaleh, hosted a bloggers bash. Cute party where she invited all her cyber friends, and real life friends who have or had blogs to meet, shmooze and eat awesome cookies. I had a really nice time. Some faces in the crowd I knew in real life, some I've bumped into online, and most I had never come across before. Everyone has their own reason for blogging, and they all expect to have certain readers and not others. Some felt blogs are out there for anyone and everyone, and some felt it was only for those who were given the address. Whatever their topics, and reasons for blogging, they were all very nice real life people to meet.

9 Comments:

Blogger Babka said...

"Masquerades! Paper faces on parade...masquerade! Hide your face so the world will never find you!"

(2 points to whoever gets the quote right. And no fair googling.)

12:09 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

I was about to say how simply silly the question was but I don't remember if it was said by a particular character or the chorus... hmm...

12:48 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

I take that back, it was the chorus, after "dear old andre what a splendid party" no google i promise

12:49 AM  
Blogger Dot Co Dot Il said...

phantom?

9:04 AM  
Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Chavelah, that's from The Phantom of the Opera, correct?
-OC

1:08 PM  
Blogger Babka said...

yup! 2 points all round.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Thought so! I saw the show on Broadway and have the sound-track. It's my favorite musical.
-OC

12:45 PM  
Blogger rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Nice post. I recently looked over my archives and remembered that you were one of my first commenters. The whole blogging thing is fascinating - no? The party you mention raises an interesting question - do people really want blogs to be anonymous, or only selectively anonymous or does it - duh -vary from blogger to blogger.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

hajew: most bloggers are seminonymous.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home