Monday, February 27, 2006

I'm Ready....i think...

There are many many different types of people around, i'll focus on the 3 types of people who head organzations. There is the "gotta be in charge" person. This person needs to be in charge. They'll run different committees, be the pres of various org, and generally step on whoever they can to get there. Next there is the person who accepts responsibility. They see a need, and they see that no one else is going to step in, and therefore they take charge. The third is guilted into leadership. They are voted in, and talked into taking responsibilities. They may always look for someone else to take over from them.
I like to put myself in the 2nd category. So what do I see needing my attention now? I think this country needs a program for teen olim. I know, you all think there are programs. The OU has one, and there are so many for hi-risk teens. What about the rest of the country? Yes...there is a country out of Jerusalem. What about the teens that are not smoking up, or drinking, hanging out all night in town - but who don't have a positive peer group. In my investigatings I discovered the misrad klita (dept of absorption) has set aside money for teen olim programs. Now I have to write a proposal and find an organazation who wants me to run this program. The goal of the program will be to give the teens a positive peer enviroment to work out any bumps they're having with being a teen complicated by the term "oleh" - and everything it brings with it.

5 Comments:

Blogger the sabra said...

Walla! I am with you all the way. I'm thinking now how I can help...

3:54 PM  
Blogger stillruleall said...

If they arent out drinking and smoking up and all, what do they need a positive peer group for? Just wait til they get fed up and join the hangin out all night crowd, and then there's a program ready for them!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

Call my Dad. He knows people.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Babka said...

Yo...

*This* is me.

4:47 PM  
Blogger the sabra said...

um, are you gonna tell us how we can help?

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home