Sunday, January 29, 2006

Jobsearching

The jobsearching continues with frustration climbing slowly each day. What would I like to do? I say my "field" is "informal education". For the past 8 years I've worked with teens and young adults, generally in a kiruv setting. Although my Hebrew is workable, and I've run activities in Hebrew, I don't yet feel comfortable to work with Israeli youth. This limits me to working with chldren of Olim (immigrants), students who are here for the year, and student short-term programs. Any ideas?

5 Comments:

Blogger westbankmama said...

Did you check out the Israel Center - they have a program for English speaking olim, although I don't know if they hire people to run it or if it is voluntary.

6:10 PM  
Blogger YS said...

If that is what you are limiting yourself to than you already know the options. What about slightly more formal paths? Maybe working with highschools? Other thought might be work with a mercaz klita.

6:51 PM  
Blogger docyaak said...

how bout going to america half the year to support yourself the other half in Israel?

4:42 PM  
Blogger SHEV said...

what abt starting a really good summer program for kids in high school to come to? but dont make it co-ed- or do and dont tell mom. hehe...

9:50 PM  
Blogger DonutsMom said...

What about working with some of the Overseas programs in the Universities?

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home