Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Day By Glorious Day

It's been almost two years since I lost one of my closest friends. He was born with a terminal illness that he fought for 24 years, but I didn't lose him to the illness. Mikey had a way of getting through every day and finding what to smile about. He took pleasure in putting things into perspective and helping one seeing through an upsetting event. He definitely gave me the tools and know-how on how to continue living this way after he was gone, but I didn't follow through. I lost him to my own self-wallowing. Two years is a long time, and I'm ready to bring Mikey back into my life. No, I won't be able to shmooze with him online, visit him in the hospital, go to a movie with him in New York... but I can smile and think, "Day by glorious day". Today was a great day... because I decided it should be. Mikey..this one's for you :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Rolling hills of green said...

very cool. live on mikey.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home