Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Parties

No, not the fun chanuka type, the government type. Likud elections were yesterday. I'm not quite sure if I"m a likud member or not. It's probably not too hard to find out, I just don't know how to go about doing it. I signed up soon after moving here to support Moshe Feiglin. I recieved phone calls that they didn't have all the info they needed. I found a fax, sent them the info, and never heard from them again. I never received confirmation or paperwork, or anything that I am a member. So, I think I am a member, and I'm sure yesterday would've been the perfect day to check... I would have just needed to go to a polling station, and try to vote. I would have either been accepted or not. So, why don't I know yet? Here's the problem. I had no one to vote for. WHAT?! What about Moshe, the reason I joined Likud in the first place? Well, I have become less and less impressed by him the more I've heard about him, and from him. He's not someone I feel who would be a good leader. Probably a great force in the party, and will be great that he has so much support and perhaps even a seat in the knesset...but the head of likud... he's too single minded. Natanyahu I would never vote for. in fact the only reason I was contemplating voting would be to vote against him. But who would I vote for...? Shalom has done an excellent job as the foreign mininster, and I have never heard a complaint against him, but I've never seen him acting as a leader should act. I've never seen him take a major stand, or be clear with his message, or have people rally with him... And Katz...is who? There is no one there i'd like to see as the prime minister. So Natanyahu won. What does that mean for anyone? i don't really forsee Likud winning the election for prime minister... so i guess having Natanyahu in place isin't the worst that could happen. Who will be the next prime minister...? Not a clue. I know, now that I'm israeli i'm suppposed to feel that I know the answer - ask any taxi driver, or mokolet owner they all know exactly what is going to happen. I don't see any party winning with major support from the people... Which leaves us with the lesser of evils.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

If you wanted Moshe to be a strong force in the Likud, you could have voted for him. He wouldn't have won anyway - but the extra votes do make a difference in terms of how the Likud looks at him.

Moetzet Yesha came out against Moshe full force, which I think is pretty nasty.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

remind me again... the lesser of evils is?

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home