Thursday, April 07, 2005

Compu Cripped

I am amazed at how crippled I became the beginning of this week. I am calling it Compu Crip. Technically Speaking: The electric cord for my computer refused to supply my laptop with batery power, thus disallowing my computer to prove useful in the least. I called Dell and they gave me another company's name to be in touch with to fix the problem. They gave me two numbers for this other company. One was out of order, and one was a fax. I called information, and they gave me a different two numbers. One had a message on it stating their hours of operation (I called during those hours, and still only received the message) while the other sent me to a voicemail. I finally was able to get someone on the line, and explained to them my problem. They told me they had the part, and wanted to know when I was coming to pick it up. Their office is over an hour bus ride to another part of the country... I asked them if they could send it by mail, but surprisingly enough - they couldn't! I whined about my computer crisis to enough people, that someone fianally suggested something proactive. She said she had the same problem with her Compaq, she took the cord to some Russian computer store, and they fixed it for her. I took them my cord, and 100 shek later...cord was fixed! voila :) I am now happy, and almost completely recovered. Almost b/c my computer is still having what might be termed as side-effects... For some reason, it refuses to recognize the need to be online when I plug it in a work. At home she's fine and as you can see online... but at work, on the wire - she refuses. I'm able to get onto the network and print, but I can not check my e-mail, or access files I've stored online...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home