Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Purim & Mom

Purim was awesome! I'm so happy I decided to stay in Katamon. I am also so happy I didn't spend it with my usual crowd :) I was right about how Purim would be spent with them, at least that's what I get from their stories. Purim morning I made some mishloach manot. I made chocolate snacks with cornflakes that were excellent, cute up peppers and a mini chumos (hey! it's Israel). I then delivered one to each of my building mates. They were all shocked and loved the gift. I think we now have new friends, kinda what the whole mishloach manot thing is about... I even gave to someone I would consider the "haman" of "ad dilo yada" that you should give to everyone, no matter if you think them a tzaddik or rasha... we got back mishloach manot from them labeled to the "banot chamudot" {cute girls} {ok, that was from the 90+y/o couple who've lived in this building for 50+ years...} Mishloach manot delivery ended around 3, the two seuda's were starting at 2 and then 2:30. I went first to the 2:30 seuda at the South African co-workers apartment. Very nice group. Met everyone - I was the only American in the group. I stayed for about a 1/2 hour and then excused myself to go to the guys apartment. {Yes Shauli, it does seem a lot of guys walk me home (so far up to 3) - but they never ask me out, just home...hmmm} The guys seuda was a lot of fun. I got there a little after 3:30 - I heard they didn't really sit down until about 3:30 anyway {aparently 2:00 was mincha followed by snacks and drinks}. I'm not going to go into all the details here, just I did not get even tipsy, I did have a great time, and I am trying not to read into anything anymore, and just go with the flow {in other words if you want all the details call me, or Golda}

My Mom's in town! This'll be awesome. I met her at the airport, and brought her to my place. We got to chill here a little bit before going to meet my brother and sis-in-law for a nice dairy dinner. {not my cup of tea - but it's nice all the same} She's staying with us Jerusalemites until Thursday night when we head up to Maalot for Shabbat.

4 Comments:

Blogger Just Shu said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Just Shu said...

maybe after they walk you home, you should invite them in for a cup of coffee

1:30 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

or something to drink...

6:25 AM  
Blogger Veev said...

A nightcap, if you will...

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home