Thursday, February 03, 2005

Mom'll Be Glad...

That's right, I was denied. My account now says "denied". The guy I spoke to on the phone, typed denied into my file. Now everyone I talk to in the office can access my account and see that I've been denied.

:( No More Michigan License for Sarra
The "out-of-state" license renewal people feel that I work here, I live here, and play here; I should get my license here. I tried to explain that I don't drive here. I only need a license to drive in the States, and in the States my residence is in Michigan. They didn't buy it. I spoke to both the guy who "denied-afied" me, and then to a lady who answered the phone when I called back to ask for them to send me paperwork that I had a license (and to see if I could convince her to change my "denied" status, not very successfully.) So now my Mom's prayers have been answered. How so? It's all about the insurance factor. In order to get my license here i will need a doctor's checkup, which means I will need insurance, which I haven't gotten yet...so there you have it. I don't have insurance yet because of one reason. I'm lazy.

See it's not my fault in a day-to-day look at life. I made aliyah in the beginning of a three month strike, in which I could not get insurance. The day the strike ended I started working at an 11pm to 7am job, and did not do anything positive during that time (except make enough to pay rent). I quit that after a month of not being able to think, and immediately was hired to be a counselor in a program for two months where i'd be living with 10th graders who were coming to Israel for two months. I didn't want to get insurance in Givat Shmuel, becuase I was goig to be living in Jerusalem, and I didn't want to get insurance in Jerusalem, because I assumed I was going back to Givat Shmuel at the end of the two months, well, the two months ended (four months after being hired) and I went to the States for the month and returned to Israel to start looking to move and starting a new job. After moving to Jerusalem I decided that it was time to get insurance, however i couldn't find the paperwork that i received when I came to the country. Finally, I find the paperwork, and decide to go finalize this insurance issue (yes, my mom was in) when I was told that I need to go to the main Jerusalem health insurance office. That's where I got stuck again...I don't know where the office is. I guess i'm about to find it...What a weird sounding reason to need to get insurance...don't worry Mom, I'll find that office as soon as the mean Michigan "out-of-state" license renewal people send me the paperwork...


1 Comments:

Blogger rockofgalilee said...

it's not about what you do or don't do, it's about the excuse.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home