Wednesday, January 26, 2005

18 To 0

The dating marathan has ended, thank Gd. I never understood before how dating was an excuse of why something did not get done. I don't know how people date like this on a regular basis. Until now I have had what I considered normal dating experiances. A couple goes out, spends a couple hours together, and then the date ends. I have just ended an about 19 hour relationship that spanned 3 dates. That is an average of over 6 hours per date! I have heard that I shouldn't be too worried, once a couple is married they generally do not talk for close to 19 hours in a month to each other. I am not sure why that is supposed to be comforting.

So, why did I spend 7 hours with him the night that I knew it was over? Excellent question. I would ask the same of anyone else, and then I would laugh at them when they floundered trying to come up with a passable answer. The truth is, I'm trying to remember how normal dates end. I did have a date that lasted 13 hours a few years ago, and then I turned him down for a second date. I had a date that lasted about a week, he turned me down. I think girls are almost powerless to end the dates. I'm not sure why.

I explained to the Rabbi who set us up why I wasn't going to go out with him again. He appologized for setting us up, and then brought up another idea. His nephew lives here. Would I like to go out with him.... I said yes.

Bring those stopwatches back to 0

1 Comments:

Blogger Air Time said...

you could always try the "I have an early meeting" line and get him to take you home.

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home