Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Color Of Seasons

The first year after I made aliyah (moved to Israel) I was so impressed with the flags. Leading up to independance day the flags were not only out on the public buildings, but on most private porchesn and hanging from window, and hardly a car went by which wasn't proudly waving a least one blue-and-white flags. My second year as an Israeli the pride in the blue & white was not nearly as evident. Blue and orange were the colors of the moment, and you had to pick a side. Last year things were not much better, it wasn't as much a blue orange conflict as it was people were still too hurt to fly the flag of a country they blamed for so much. We're in the middle of the independance celebrations now, and I am happy to say the streets have once again been filled with blue and white. I don't think the pain is gone, and I don't think people have just moved on - but hardly a car goes by which isn't widely waving at least one blue-and-white, and the private apartment building are once again littered with flags being flown from porches and windows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home