Friday, July 21, 2006

Scribbled Out

I went to the kotel to meet my refugee brother and sister(in law). I said some tehillim, and then found a siddur with tefillah for the solidiers and the country. I have recently started to add that in to my daily tefillot, as I feel both need all the prayers they can get. When I opened to the siddur to the apporpriate page I found that someone had scribbled pen all over the two paragraphs. Two people would've done this, someone who is very hurt, upset, angry at the chayalim and the medina, or someone who does not think these paragraphs should be in a siddor. In both those cases, my heart goes out to the scribbler. Someone who is so passionate and feels the need to ruin a public property siddor. Did they take a pen out in the middle of davvening and cross it out not caring who saw them? Did they come specifically to cross it out? Where they in so much pain when they saw it in the siddor they tried to ensure no one else would see it...
Don't fear...blue scribbles over black writting didn't render it illegible, and I said the tefillot with a lot of random thoughts going through my head about עם אחד, תפילה and priorities.
Just thought I'd share :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home