Thursday, July 13, 2006

In Jerusalem

My brothers house is in the Galilee. Not a quiet place to be living this week. I offered to come up with food - as their stores are closed due to incoming rockets. I was met with "this isn't Gush Katif, we aren't looking for solidarity", and they were going to find an open grocery (which they did). A number of times I went to Gush Katif despite the rockets and shootings. I went to pass on the message that just because my house, and my neighborhood weren't under fire I felt that all of Israel was under attack, and I was there with them. They were living on the front lines, protecting all of us. The fact that Jerusalem is not being shelled does not really make this a safer area. I don't believe I'm chasing danger, more passing on the message that the country and the people are in this together. I'm not going to lock myself into my safe little house, in my safe little neighborhood, and wish this all away... But i will listen to my mom who does not see any reason for me to put myself in the hotzone...

2 Comments:

Blogger docyaak said...

sometimes its good to listen to mom

2:21 PM  
Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Yeah, that's pretty good advice. We were supposed to go up to our family, but we decided against and was reinforced by our family. There's no reason to go out of your way to put yourself in danger.
-OC

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home