Monday, July 24, 2006

RAMI begins

I am excited to announce to my random world of readers, RAMI. Named for a close friend who has always been an inspiration to me, I hope RAMI will inspire teens around the country.

As I spend a lot of time with English speaking families across the country, I have discovered there is serious concern for the
English-speaking teens here. Anglo-Israeli teens struggle with not only the usual ?teen issues?, but also carry the frustrations and complications of being outsiders, in many cases with a loss of identity and self-esteem. These teens may have grown up outside of Israel and are now trying to deal with the changes in culture, language, and the effects of moving, or may have grown up in Israel to English speaking families and have never acclimated to Israeli society.

After much research into the situation I have decided to tackle this problem. I have recently started to put the wheels into motion for a countrywide English-speaking youth group. I am starting to write grant proposals and make contacts throughout the country.

Of course your thoughts on the idea are always welcome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home