Monday, November 14, 2005

Boomarang!

For my bat mitzvah the Hochheisers gave me a small white leather siddur. That summer, against my mother's advice, I took it to camp. My mother had been nervous that I would lose my new siddur. I thought she was crazy. I lost it the second day of camp. About six years later a girl from next door came home from my old camp with my siddur. I thought that was such a cool story. The following summer I worked in Israel at a camp. Once again took the siddur, the last day of camp I asked another counselor to hold it for me while I was speaking. She got on the plane with it, and I stayed in Israel for another month. Once again my siddur was gone. Yesterday she brought it over. She is moving apartments, and found my siddur while cleaning it out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Cool!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home