Friday, August 05, 2005

Tomorrow?

I have recently returned from the "shetach" of Ofakim. While I signed online to post something about the past few days I saw online there was a shooting near Chaifa. I followed the story a bit, checked the major Israeli sites, and CNN, BBC, & Yahoo. I am sick from this news. I am too exhausted and filled with too much shock to write anything comprehesive about this shooting.
For those who have not heard, a Jewish soldier went AWOL a few weeks ago. Today he boarded a bus in uniform heading from Chaifa to a an Israeli Arab city. He then opened fire on the bus murdering 4 people. He was beaten to death by a mob that got on the bus before police could arrest him. The Israeli government and Yesha have both condemned the shooting. The two big questions on my mind now are Why? What now?

5 Comments:

Blogger Veev said...

He went nuts. He just couldn't take it anymore. Know that he is only an individual, there was no conspiracy, and no government backing of his lunacy.

2:08 AM  
Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

The "why", we may never know. A lunatic mob get to him before we could find out. As to the "what now", we can only pray, wait, and see. You know that all it takes is a spark to cause the Arabs to make a wild fire. Even though he probably was just one mentally disturbed young man who wasn't aiming to make a political statement, you know that the Arabs and Pals won't see it that way.
-OC

2:16 PM  
Blogger Air Time said...

by definition, a conversation held between two people in the comment section of a blog is not a private conversation. It is very much a public conversation.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Well, it seems like I have to retract on my previous statement. Before, I said that "Even though he probably was just one mentally disturbed young man who wasn't aiming to make a political statement..." I guess I was wrong about the second statement. I still contend that he was probably a mentally disturbed young man, but, apparently, the rumors were correct in that he was doing it for political ends. Allegedly, after he committed the murders, he said, "Tell them I did it to stop the disengagement". Very sad indeed.
-OC

9:35 PM  
Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

For some really disturbing video - watch Channel 10 tonight at 8:00 PM. See how the Police handcuffed the soldier, and ran when an Arab mob showed up. Sodlier got lynched with his hands handcuffed. Now, you don't need to to agree with the sodlier's actions to see that this is truly horrendous. Police run away..leaving prisoner handcuffed to be lynched?

And now for something completly different:

Netanyahu resigns!

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home