Monday, May 23, 2005

Them's Fighting Words...

The following quote I took from another blog where the author was arguing with someone's post about Rabanim in America taking a stand on the hitnakut issue. I am not giving credit here, simply because I don't want responses to be shaded by who the commentator is, however if the commentator would like to have their name be attached you can definitely take credit for it in the comments. I appologize if you are offended that I am not quoting you with having written this...

"i never said there isn't a valid halachik opinion to disengagement. i believe that there is, and i actually agree with these three rabbis your fiance quoted. that wasn't my point. my point is, would you trust a rabbi who eats pork to pasken on kashrut? i don't believe there's any valid reason for a jew to live in america. why would you let one who does just that tell you what to do when it comes to israel. "aseh l'chah rav.." find somebody from the dati leumi community in israel, not YU/ner yisroel/lakewood"

8 Comments:

Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Why are those fighting words? You think every Jew still living in America to come out swinging? That would actually be kinda of funny. I think I would pay to see that bout.
-OC

3:01 PM  
Blogger Menachem said...

hey! that's me!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Just Shu said...

when you use a bolack font, on a black template its difficult to read

4:33 PM  
Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Yeah, Menachem, I wondered what you might say...So, what do you think? Is them fighting words?
-OC

10:10 PM  
Blogger Menachem said...

i don't know, most of what i say i dont take seriously, so i feel kinda queezy thinking that other people might. feel free to quote me anytime, though, but link me!

10:22 PM  
Blogger 2R said...

I don't know why it was in black font...weird..

12:41 AM  
Blogger Menachem said...

hey, where's my link?

1:12 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

there was actually a rather funny story about a reform rabbi standing up between conservative and orthodox rabbis arguing rather or not a place was kosher - he was insulted because he considered himself a bigger expert on what was traif than either of them. me personally, i avoided all things israel politic till i made aliya - but never really can down on one side or the other as to rather it was the right thing or no...

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home