Monday, May 09, 2005

Hoppin' Along

I spent the day hopping. not a type, not shopping, not hoping, just hopping. After an engagement party in Netanya I fell asleep on the bus on the way back to Jerusalem. My friend woke me up at Mivaseret to let me know he was getting off, and I should wake up so I wouldn't end up at the end of the bus line. I stayed awake the next 20 minutes, and started walking towards my apartment. The cold air, and desire to be sleeping overcame the joy I feel in walking home, so I hailed a cab. The wonderful cab driver stopped about 15 feet from where I was and then honked for me to run to him when I started walking. I started running, and trip boom bang....now i'm hopping. The foot I hurt is actually doing quite nicely. I can put more pressure on it now then when I had first woken up, and there is no constant pain. The leg I didn't hurt is crying out for mercy. Hopping just isn't how it wanted to spend the day. My friend's have suggested that I get crutches, but I find them to be more trouble then their worth, plus I'd still be hopping...
At least it won me sympathy points at work today. My boss went out and brought me a coke, and the meetings were held at my desk today...
Oh that thin thin silver lining...

2 Comments:

Blogger Menachem said...

im not sure... what's the importance of the part about you sleeping on the bus and the friend getting off at mevaseret? what are you trying to say?

in any event, hope you get better soon

8:58 PM  
Blogger 2R said...

I'm just saying that I was out cold on the bus, and needed to be woken...what are you thinkin?

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home