Monday, November 13, 2006

Too Quiet For Too Long

It hasn't been for lack of reason that I've been quiet recently. I have no words for the government's lack of governing ability, the hatred in the name of G'd that took to the streets to fight the Gay parade, and the lack of progress we have made regarding the kidnapped solidiers; the situation in the south; and the living conditions of those removed from their Gush Katif homes. I have no words because I do not understand how these things have gone on this long. I recognize that I do not understand politics. I do not understand why we downshifted from a daring nation that looked a challange straight in the eyes and said "you're on". We are a nation that was born from the fighters who collapsed the English hold over our land. We are a nation that rose up from ashes to create the most feared army in the world. We are the nation who took our barren land and made it flower. When did we become a nation bent on appeasing our enemies? A nation who accepts a Prime Minister who clearly does not understand war? A nation who can sleep at night knowing our boys are in enemy hands? Can it be because of people like myself who are speechless?

4 Comments:

Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

No, I don't think it's because people like you and I are speechless, because you're not. It's because of 1967. In the Six Day War, Israel went from a fledgling nation on the brink of destruction to a superior force that could not be destroyed. From then on, Israel seems to have lost its fighting to survive mentality. Now, it is a country that doesn't perceive to have an immediate existential threat that is bearing down on it. Israel can deal with the "nuisance" of Palestinian terrorism. There is no existential Palestinian threat. Since '67, Israel has been playing the game of realpolitik. The government is no longer constructed of the brave and powerful forces that built and created this countries. It's made up of consummate politicians that care more about keeping their jobs than helping the country and making it a better place to live. I believe this is a stage that every country goes through. Bottom line, if we want the country to change, WE have to make it change. We have to force the government to change the way it does business. We can't sit still, and for the first time in a long time, I think we are on the precipice of major change.
-OC

2:54 PM  
Blogger Veev said...

:)

3:12 PM  
Blogger dad said...

Greetings. I feel forced to comment dear daughter. Your blog reads like " my force and my power" accomplished these things. I thought Hashem was in control. When we think that WE won the war because WE had a great army .WE over threw the British than perhaps there is justification for Hashen to show us that it isnt WE at all. I think the Navi Yeshyahu address this question in his first chapter. Right now im in the airport in Las Vegas on my waY HOME- a LITTLE MUSSAR NOW AND THAN IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL
love DAD

7:37 AM  
Blogger 2R said...

I always appreciate the Musser Dad :) I'm not saying that we won those wars and became a country on our own, but we were def. lead by people who had a drive which is missing in our leaders today.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home