Wednesday, August 09, 2006

It's Everywhere

He's not the same. His naturally smile filled face has become haunted. The twinkle in his eyes has been replaced by tears. His easy-going nonstop chatter has been replaced by silence. I've heard people say the war hasn't come to Jerusalem, but I beg to differ - when boys have to bury their best friends the war goes everywhere they are.

**************
I went to the International Art Festival tonight with my parents. We had a great time. There were booths filled with artwork, cultural icons, jewelry, pottery, clothes, collectables, food, and more! There were music groups and performers. Everyone was having a great time. At 9:30 the group standing next to us jumped 10 feet in the air. That's when the fireworks started. I asked them if they were ok, their answer "We're from the North!". I've heard people say the war hasn't come to Jerusalem, but I beg to differ - when students carry the sounds of missles with them, the war goes everywhere they are.

**************
Her eyes were all watery, I asked her innocently what alergies she had. No, not alergies - her husband was just called up to the border. I've heard people say the war hasn't come to Jerusalem, but i beg to differ - when wives are left behind by their husbands who have gone to fight, the war goes everywhere they are.

**************
They miss their friends, they miss their house, they miss their toys, they miss their beds. They want to go home. They're kids living the life of refugees all over the city. I've heard people say the war hasn't come to Jerusalem, but I beg to differ - when kids have to be explained the truth about war, the war goes everywhere they are.

4 Comments:

Blogger Veev said...

Beautifully written and so true.

8:52 PM  
Blogger mom said...

you made me cry, so expressive and so true.

9:44 AM  
Blogger YS said...

Well said. It's one of the perks of our beautiful country.

5:06 PM  
Blogger SHEV said...

really really good sar

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home