Wednesday, August 02, 2006

What Makes A Home?

Last year while I was helping Gush Katif evacuees move into their new residences, I had the opportunity to see what could make a standard caravilla a home. For many it was pictures, and those were the first boxes opened. For one boy it was unpacking his soccer parafanella and painting his room green (his team's color), while to a four year old girl it was setting up her dolls. A number of families immediately went about setting up their gardens, and I was privledge to be around to hear a Shehechiyanu being said by someone who planted his first tree which he had brought with him from Gush Katif. Two families in particular it was having guests, they played tug-of-war over where I would sleep each night. What makes your house a home?

2 Comments:

Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

My books and my pictures. When I see pictures on the wall and books in the bookshelf, I know I'm home.
-OC

3:57 PM  
Blogger Just Shu said...

where my XBOX is..I mean where my family

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home