Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Constructive

As the destruction of Israeli cities and morale gets underway, the question for many of us anti-distruction wonder what can we do. We tried to stop, stall, and block. We tried tefillah and letters. We tried protests, rallies, and marches. What more? Block Kissufim? Sneak into Gush Katif? I hate to admit it, but I think at most it will just push off the eventuality by a day or two. At this point Sharon is not going to change his mind, be overthrown, have his government fall, or quit. So what can I, little me, do now? Do I just cash in my chips, say I marched, sang, cried, laughed, traveled, wore orange, bought orange, spoke to people, and now I'm done. I'm going to live out the rest of the destruction away from it all in Jerusalem, where I can pretend life is normal and soldiers, parents, children, residents, visiting protesters, and police a few km away are each making decisions that will haunt them for the rest of their lives? I have thought about all the different options I have at this point. My decision: I'm going to Nitznim. Nitzanim is the area most of the K'T ers are going to be sent to. I am going with friends to help make the move/transition/expulsion/destruction just a tad bit smoother. We're bringing candies and bubbles for the kids, we're ready to listen to the teens, and help the adults. I'm passing the word around, that I think this is the most constructive place those who truly want to help can be.

4 Comments:

Blogger Just Shu said...

you're so nice

4:33 AM  
Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

I think that is the best thing and most constructive thing you or any of us can do. Let's show them that we're still here for them and will be for many many more years to come. Amazing idea.
-OC

2:39 PM  
Blogger Ittay said...

is it a good idea to be going to gaza at this time? There seems to be many people there already which is making the job of these poor soldiers all the more difficult. why not invite the newly removed settlers for a shabbat dinner for their first weekend AG(after gaza).

9:58 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

This is a wonderful idea, and one where your efforts will be truly appreciated.

God Bless You.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home