Thursday, November 16, 2006

Dear Dad,

I think an answer to your comment (posted under "Too Quiet For Too Long ") deserves its own 15 minutes. I teach about Jewish leadership. What makes a leader. Who is a leader. Why is it important to have strong leaders. How to develop and direct your leadership qualities. I am not saying in my previous post that it was all us and only us. I'm saying there are no leaders. Barur that we managed to do what what was done b/c G-d is on our side. Is He not on our side now? Is He on the side of the Palestinians who are shooting missles at us? Hashem helps those who put in their hishtadlut... their own effort. I don't see our effort being made. I see us cowering, and appologizing, while they are dancing and claiming responsibility. They should be afraid of claiming responsibility. They should be afraid to show their allegience to the terror groups...instead they are afraid not to. If Giuliani had said about the crime in New York...well, if G-d didn't want crime here He'd stop it, areas in NYC would still be places the police were afraid to enter into... But He didn't. If we had said, (as some do) that if G-d wanted us to be living in Israel, He'd have brought us on the wings of Eagles, there would be little to no Torah in Eretz Yisroel (depending on how the rest of world politics would have played out...)


I'm not saying that we can do it without Him,
I'm saying He won't do it without us!

2 Comments:

Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

G-d can't drive a parked car. It's time to get it into gear.
-OC

9:10 PM  
Blogger Rolling hills of green said...

nice rebuttel.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home